Relief valve/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Relief valve, or pages that link to Relief valve or to this page or whose text .
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- Chemical engineering : The field of engineering that deals with industrial and natural processes involving the chemical, physical or biological transformation of matter or energy into forms useful for mankind, economically and safely without compromising the environment
- Control engineering : The design of systems capable of accurately controlling a physical device
- Mechanical engineering : The branch of engineering concerned with the utilisation of the basic laws of mathematics, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, and system dynamics in order to create unique solutions to physical problems.
- Control system : An interconnection between two systems that are referred to as the plant and the controller.
- Pressure : A ratio equal to the force applied perpendicular to the surface of the area divided by that area (force/area).
- Pressure vessel : Add brief definition or description
- : A passive (does not add energy) device for controlling fluid flow in a confined stream or through an opening of limited size by obstructing the flow completely or sometimes partially.
- Rupture disc : Add brief definition or description