- is a regular language.
- is accepted by a deterministic finite automaton(DFA).
- is accepted by an alternating finite automaton(AFA).
- is accepted by a non-deterministic finite automaton(NFA).
- is accepted by a generalized non-deterministic finite automaton(GNFA).
- can be described by a regular expression(RE).
Suppose are regular languages. Then the following languages are also regular.
- (complement (computer language))
Regular languages are also closed under homomorphic images and preimages. Suppose is a regular language and is a string homomorphism. Then the following languages are regular.