Reactor moderator/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Reactor moderator, or pages that link to Reactor moderator or to this page or whose text .
- Nuclear fission : A reaction by which a nucleus of a suitable isotope of an element with a high atomic number splits into two nuclei of lower atomic numbers and one or more neutrons and a relatively large release of energy per atom.
- Water : A chemical compound with one oxygen and two hydrogen atoms (H20). It is often in a liquid form and makes up the bulk of the oceans, lakes, rivers and living organisms.
- Heavy water : Water containing the isotope Deuterium rather than normal hydrogen
- Graphite : A naturally occurring allotrope of the element carbon.
- Beryllium : A chemical element, having the chemical symbol Be, and atomic number (the number of protons) 4.