Raid on Osama bin Laden/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Raid on Osama bin Laden, or pages that link to Raid on Osama bin Laden or to this page or whose text .
- Osama bin Laden : Radical jihadist who, with Ayman al-Zawahiri, founded a group known as al-Qaeda, which is credited with a series of terrorist attacks.
- Barack Obama : 44th President of the United States of America (2009–2017) and a former Senator from Illinois (born 1961).
- Killing of Osama bin Laden : Legal and international politics aspects of the May 2011 raid that resulted in the death of Osama bin Laden
- Central Intelligence Agency : The principal civilian intelligence organization of the United States, specializing in all-source intelligence analysis, clandestine human-source intelligence, and covert action.
- United States Special Operations Command : A U.S. Unified Combatant Command with both functional and operational responsibilities, both to prepare special operations forces for the geographic commands, and to execute strategic special operations, typically under national orders and high security classification
- United States Navy SEALs : [under]sea-air-land special operations organization of the United States Navy, specializing in direct action, special reconnaissance, combat search and rescue and counterterrorism
- 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment : U.S. Army special operations helicopter unit in the United States Special Operations Command, formed as a response to the lack of trained special operations aviation units in the failed rescue of hostages in Iran; probably assigns a battalion to Joint Special Operations Command
- Joint Special Operations Command : A major subordinate unit of the United States Special Operations Command, which takes on the most sensitive covert military operations, usually working unacknowledged within the geographic area of a Unified Combatant Command
- U.S. Army special operations helicopter : Military helicopter used by the United States Special Operations Command
- MH-47G : Add brief definition or description
- MH-60K : Army Special Operations Command special operations troop carrier helicopter; DAP or AH-60K armed variant
- MH-60L : U.S. Army Special Operations Command troop-carrying helicopter for covert infiltration and exfiltration
- MH-60M : U.S. Army special operations helicopter based on the UH-60M redesigned and rebuilt (or new-built) improved light utility transport helicopter; may have a stealth variant
- Al-Qaeda : International islamist terrorist network. Responsible for the 9-11 attack and other terrorist attacks.
- Pakistan : Country in southern Asia, established as a Muslim state split from India in 1947, bordering the Arabian Sea to the south, India to the east, Iran and Afghanistan to the west, and China to the north.
- Stealth : The popular term for a collection of techniques that make a military vehicle (air, space, land, sea, or undersea) hard to detect and harder to direct weapons against
- Leon Panetta : Director of the Central Intelligence Agency in the Obama administration; Member, Iraq Study Group; Chief of Staff in the Clinton Administration; former Member of Congress