Preemptive attack/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Preemptive attack, or pages that link to Preemptive attack or to this page or whose text .
- War : A state of violent conflict which exists between two or more independent groups, each seeking to impose its will on the other.
- Grand strategy : The application of all national means of affecting the actions of other nations and non-national actors; specifically includes but is not restricted to military means
- Tactics : Military concepts and techniques used to fight a battle once battle is joined.
- International law : The formal conduct of interactions between nation-states, both at the national level and on behalf of their citizens; generally accepted as first formalized by Hugo Grotius.
- Self-defense : Add brief definition or description
- 1967 Arab-Israeli war : Add brief definition or description
- 1842 Caroline case : Add brief definition or description
- Preventive attack : A doctrine in which an actor uses military force on an opponent who is not believed to be preparing an attack on the actor using prevention, but whose activities, such as taking control of territory or building weapons of mass destruction pose a long-term threat to the critical interests of the actor. The attack may signal the start of a war, or be a strategic move within an existing war.