Pneumonia severity index
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
The accuracy of the PSI has been independently validated by other researchers.
Patients with PSI Risk groups I-III can usually be treated as an outpatient.
Removing the effect of age may improve accuracy.
- Fine MJ, Auble TE, Yealy DM, et al (1997). "A prediction rule to identify low-risk patients with community-acquired pneumonia". N. Engl. J. Med. 336 (4): 243–50. PMID 8995086.
- Aujesky D, Auble TE, Yealy DM, et al (2005). "Prospective comparison of three validated prediction rules for prognosis in community-acquired pneumonia". Am. J. Med. 118 (4): 384-92. DOI:10.1016/j.amjmed.2005.01.006. PMID 15808136. Research Blogging.
- Carratalà J, Fernández-Sabé N, Ortega L, et al (February 2005). "Outpatient care compared with hospitalization for community-acquired pneumonia: a randomized trial in low-risk patients". Ann. Intern. Med. 142 (3): 165–72. PMID 15684204.
- Marrie TJ, Lau CY, Wheeler SL, Wong CJ, Vandervoort MK, Feagan BG (2000). "A controlled trial of a critical pathway for treatment of community-acquired pneumonia. CAPITAL Study Investigators. Community-Acquired Pneumonia Intervention Trial Assessing Levofloxacin". JAMA 283 (6): 749-55. PMID 10683053.
- Chen JH, Chang SS, Liu JJ, Chan RC, Wu JY, Wang WC et al. (2010). "Comparison of clinical characteristics and performance of pneumonia severity score and CURB-65 among younger adults, elderly and very old subjects.". Thorax 65 (11): 971-7. DOI:10.1136/thx.2009.129627. PMID 20965934. Research Blogging.