From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- William L. Masterton and Cecile N. Hurley (2008). Chemistry: Principles and Reactions, 6th Edition. Brooks/Cole, pp. 355 - 359. ISBN 0-495-12671-3.
- Lagzi I, Soh S, Wesson PJ, Browne KP, Grzybowski BA (2010). "Maze Solving by Chemotactic Droplets". J Am Chem Soc. DOI:10.1021/ja9076793. PMID 20063877. Research Blogging.
- Demonstrates that a droplet of mineral oil containing 2-hexyldecanoic acid can successfully navigate a maze if a pH gradient is established by soaking a small block of high gel strength agarose in HCl and putting it at the end opposite to that in which the droplet is released.
- See also the supplementary videos at the journal's site.