P-8 Poseidon/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to P-8 Poseidon, or pages that link to P-8 Poseidon or to this page or whose text .
- Maritime patrol aircraft : Very long range, usually land-based, aircraft optimized for sea surveillance, originally principally for anti-submarine warfare but often with anti-surface warfare capabilities; newer types also have land and littoral surveillance roles
- Anti-submarine warfare : (ASW) In the context of naval warfare, the mission of attacking underwater vessels, from platforms under naval command and control.
- Anti-surface warfare : (ASuW) In the context of naval warfare, the mission of attacking surface vessels, from small boats to supertankers and aircraft carriers, from platforms under naval command and control
- Intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance : The synchronization of information collection and analysis, variously to gain strategic understanding, to detect anomalies, or to actively probe for information
- United States Navy : That part of the United States Department of Defense responsible for combat on, over, and under water
- Boeing 737 : Short to medium range, single aisle, narrow body jet airliner, originally developed as a shorter, lower-cost twin-engine airliner derived from Boeing's 707 and 727.
- AN/APY-10 : Add brief definition or description
- AN/ALQ-213 : A Danish Air Force-designed electronics countermeasures suite controller used on aircraft of many countries
- Littoral Surveillance Radar System : An active electronically scanned array (AESA) surveillance radar, currently used on maritime patrol aircraft also used in littoral (military) and overland operation; the still highly classified system will go onto next-generation surveillance aircraft and provide targeting information to precision-guided munitions