North Korea/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to North Korea, or pages that link to North Korea or to this page or whose text .
- Korean peninsula : East Asian region surrounded on three sides by the Sea of Japan (East Sea), East China Sea, and the Yellow Sea; divided into the states of North and South Korea.
- Korea : Historical country and peninsula of northeastern Asia, comprising the states of North Korea and South Korea.
- Pyongyang : Largest city and capital of North Korea.
- Korean War : A modern conflict (1950-1953) fought on the Korean peninsula between the US-led UN forces, and the Communist coalition of North Korea and China.
- Kim Il-sung : Add brief definition or description
- Kim Jong-il : Add brief definition or description
- Workers' Party of Korea : Add brief definition or description
- Juche : Add brief definition or description
- Communism : A political ideology, and also a system of government, according to which the means of production (including all large business concerns) should be controlled by the government.
- South Korea : A democratic republic in East Asia, occupying the southern half of the Korean peninsula; established in 1948 after Korea's liberation from Japanese colonial rule.
- Korean language : Add brief definition or description
- Cold War : Geostrategic, economic and ideological struggle from about 1947 to 1991 between the Soviet Union and the United States and their allies.
- Korea and Japan : Add brief definition or description