From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Newspeak, or pages that link to Newspeak or to this page or whose text .
- Literature : The profession of “letters” (from Latin litteras), and written texts considered as aesthetic and expressive objects.
- Novel : A work of prose fiction of extended length.
- George Orwell : (1903-50) Pen name of Eric Arthur Blair, a British novelist best known for his political works Animal Farm and 1984.
- 1984 (novel) : Add brief definition or description
- Doublespeak : Add brief definition or description
- Thoughtcrime : A term associated with George Orwell's dystopia Nineteen Eighty-Four, it is the formation of a "dangerous thought" -- not necessarily communicating it or acting upon it; in an extreme totalitarian state, he who can form such a thought is automatically an enemy of the state