From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Nerve: A bundle of nerve fibres that connects the central nervous system with other organs in an animal body.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Nervous system : The control unit of bodily functions in animals.
- Brain : The core unit of a central nervous system.
- Spinal chord : Add brief definition or description
- Nerve fibre : The axon of a nerve cell.
- Neuron : An excitable cell that is specialized to conduct nerve impulses.
- Axon : The part of a nerve cell, along which action potentials travel to synapses linking them to neighbouring cells.
- Sensory nerve : Add brief definition or description
- Motor nerve : Add brief definition or description