From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Neonatology: The subfield of health sciences concerned with infants.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Birth : In non-egg-laying animals, the moment in which the offspring leaves the body of the mother (in some species, for the first time) or, in very few cases, of the father.
- Medicine : The study of health and disease of the human body.
- Infant : A child between 1 and 23 months of age.
- Neonate : Add brief definition or description
- Baby : A human newborn child whether a boy or girl, which is helpless, small, lacking hair in most instances, and tends to cry and is hungry and thirsty for milk from the mother's breast, commonly known as breastmilk. They grow into toddlers, then into children, then into adolescent teenagers and then become an adult person who can survive on their own, hopefully.