Naval Fire Control System/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Naval Fire Control System, or pages that link to Naval Fire Control System or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Naval Fire Control System. Needs checking by a human.
- 5"-62 caliber gun : The main gun for shore bombardment and some anti-surface warfare on newer U.S. Navy warships; the successor to 5"-54 caliber guns.
- Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System : A U.S. Army and Marine artillery fire control system that cooperates with Navy and Air Force fire control systems, as well as British, French, Italian and German artillery systems.
- Burke-class : Large U.S. Navy multirole destroyers equipped with AEGIS battle management system and constant upgrades; Japan has Kongo-class clones, also being upgraded to ballistic missile defense; South Korea has the KDK-class
- Common operational picture : An electronically shared graphic of map of common interest, typically to military units, that can show more or less detail, and specialized information, on simple user command or even touch
- Naval gunfire support : naval gun, unguided rocket, and guided missile fire from ships, in direct support of ground forces; does not include close air support even if the aircraft fly from ships
- U.S. Navy : The branch of the United States Armed Forces charged with sea operations