National Recovery Administration/Bibliography
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Alexander, Barbara J. "Failed Cooperation in Heterogeneous Industries under the National Recovery Administration." Journal of Economic History, 1997 57(2): 322-344. Issn: 0022-0507 Fulltext: in Jstor
- Best; Gary Dean. Pride, Prejudice, and Politics: Roosevelt Versus Recovery, 1933-1938. Praeger Publishers. 1991 online edition
- Brand, Donald R. "Corporatism, the NRA, and the Oil Industry." Political Science Quarterly 1983 98(1): 99-118. Issn: 0032-3195 Fulltext: in Jstor. Uses corporatism model to explore the struggle between independent oil producers and major oil producers over production and price controls.
- Hawley, Ellis W. The New Deal and the Problem of Monopoly Princeton UP (1968)
- Hawley, Ellis W. "The New Deal and Business," in The New Deal: The National Level ed by Robert H. Bremner and David Brody; Ohio State University Press. (1975) pp 50-82, online edition
- Johnson; Hugh S. The Blue Eagle, from Egg to Earth 1935, memoir by NRA director online edition
- Lyon, Leverett S., Paul T. Homan, Lewis L. Lorwin, George Terborgh, Charles L. Dearing, Leon Marshall C.; The National Recovery Administration: An Analysis and Appraisal The Brookings Institution, 1935. in-depth analysis by economists, online edition
- Charles L. Dearing, Paul T. Homan, Lewis L. Lorwin, Leverett S. Lyon. The ABC of the NRA, (1934) 200 pgs. online edition
- Ohl, John Kennedy. Hugh S. Johnson and the New Deal (1985), academic biography.
- Pennock, Pamela. "The National Recovery Administration and the Rubber Tire Industry, 1933-1935." Business History Review," 1997 71(4): 543-568. Issn: 0007-6805 Fulltext: in Jstor
- Schlesinger, Arthur Meier. The Coming of the New Deal (1958) pp 87-176 online version
- Sniegoski, Stephen J. "The Darrow Board and the Downfall of the NRA." Continuity 1990 (14): 63-83. Issn: 0277-1446
- Storrs, Landon R. Y. Civilizing Capitalism: The National Consumers' League, Women's Activism, and Labor Standards in the New Deal Era, U of North Carolina Press, 2000 on consumer activism promoted by NRA; online edition