National Guard (United States)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to National Guard (United States), or pages that link to National Guard (United States) or to this page or whose text .
- U.S. Department of Defense : The military forces of the United States and their supporting civil servants.
- United States Army : Branch of the United States Armed Forces with the principal responsibility of conducting large-scale ground combat
- United States Air Force : One of the uniformed services of the United States, with principal responsibility for land-based long-range and high-performance aircraft, as well as land-based intercontinental ballistic missiles
- United States Joint Forces Command : A source of "surge" planners and staff, while helping organize the mission-focused joint task force that will address the specific need of other U.S. Unified Combatant Commands
- Forces Command : United States Army headquarters, at Fort McPherson, Georgia, for Active Component and Reserve forces in the continental United States, Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico, commanded by GEN Charles Campbell and performs training readiness oversight of all National Guard (United States) formations; after mobilization, takes command and control of Army National Guard (United States) and U.S. Army Reserve units preparing for deployment to the Unified Combatant Commands (UCC); when a unit is not assigned to a UCC, it reports to this organizations or one of its subcommands; subordinate to United States Joint Forces Command
- Air Combat Command : The United States Air Force headquarters responsibility for preparing and training resources for the operational Unified Combatant Commands, as well as doctrinal development
- Total Force Concept : A doctrine that allocates most of the active-duty (i.e., Regular) troops of the United States Army to combat arms roles, while assigning combat support and combat service support to the Reserve Components of the United States Army Reserve and Army National Guard (United States)
- National Guard Bureau : Add brief definition or description
- CBRNE Consequence Management Response Force : Under United States Northern Command, a U.S. Army organization, complemented with National Guard units, for responding to domestic chemical, biological, nuclear, radiological and high-yield explosive events in the United States and Canada