Metre (poetry)/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Metre (poetry), or pages that link to Metre (poetry) or to this page or whose text .
- Literature : The profession of “letters” (from Latin litteras), and written texts considered as aesthetic and expressive objects.
- Poetry : A form of literary work which uses rhythm, metre, and sound elements (such as assonance or dissonance) to structure, amplify, and in some instances supplant the literal meanings of words.
- Iambic pentameter : Poetic line consisting of ten syllables in groups of two with the accent on every second syllable.
- Free verse : Non-metrical poetry.
- Prosody (poetry) : The methods (including, but not limited to, poetic metre) affecting how a reader experiences the sounds of a poem in time; or the study of such methods.