Medical Reserve Corps/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Medical Reserve Corps, or pages that link to Medical Reserve Corps or to this page or whose text .
- Public health : Branch of medicine concerned with the prevention and control of disease and disability, and the promotion of physical and mental health of the population on the international, national, state, or municipal level
- Disaster response : Add brief definition or description
- Citizen Corps : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services : The primary cabinet-level department of the United States, concerned with health affairs
- Incident Command System : An increasingly worldwide set of procedures and doctrines for operational response to emergencies requiring response from different organizations, ranging from multiple units of the same local fire department or police force, to major disasters covering large regions and requiring national or international resources
- Social capital : Productive assets arising out of social relations, such as trust, cooperation, solidarity, social networks of relations and those beliefs, ideologies and institutions that contribute to production of goods.
- Voluntarism : Add brief definition or description
- American Red Cross : A U.S. group, formed in 1881 by Clara Barton, and based on the Swiss-inspired International Committee of the Red Cross. Among its first initiatives were adoption of the first of the Geneva Conventions protecting war-injured combatants and non-combatants was ratified by the United States Congress, which also chartered the Red Cross, in 1882.