From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Magdeburg, or pages that link to Magdeburg or to this page or whose text .
- Germany : Federal republic in central Europe (population c. 82.4 million; capital Berlin), with the North Sea, Denmark and the Baltic Sea to the north; Poland and the Czech Republic to the east; Switzerland and Austria to the south; and France, Luxembourg, Belgium and the Netherlands to the west; founding member of the European Union.
- Saxony-Anhalt : Add brief definition or description
- Otto von Guericke : German physicist, inventor of air pump, known for the Magdeburg hemispheres.
- Georg Telemann : Add brief definition or description
- Kaiserpfalz : Add brief definition or description
- Halle (Saale) : The largest city in the German State of Saxony-Anhalt. First mentioned in 806, current population about 230,000.