From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Macintosh may mean:
- Macintosh (jacket) : Add brief definition or description
- Apple Macintosh : A personal computer that runs the Mac operating system (currently over BSD/UNIX), has a generally closed architecture, and is optimized for a consistent user interface. Developed in the early 1980s and released in 1984 by Apple Inc. (at the time known as Apple Computer).
- Clan McIntosh : Add brief definition or description (Scottish surname/clan)
- McIntosh (fruit) : A type of apple, an edible tree fruit. Officially, this variety should be known as McIntosh, but the "Mac" spelling is very common.
- Mekentosj.com : Mek&Tosj is a software development company in the Netherlands "started as two young scientists who experienced the hard life of a PhD-student while working at the Netherlands Cancer Institute." Developers of the award-winning Papers application for Macintosh computers.