From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
Works cited in the linguistic variation article
- Bolles EB Babel's Dawn: A Natural History of the Origins of Speech. (p. 108). Perseus Books Group. Kindle Edition.
- Labov, W (1969) 'The social stratification of English in New York City'. Language 45(2): 469-476.
- Labov, W. (1972) The social stratification of (r) in New York City department stores. In Sociolinguistic Patterns, chapter 2. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press. pp.43-69.
- Dediu D, Levinson SC (2012) Abstract Profiles of Structural Stability Point to Universal Tendencies, Family-Specific Factors, and Ancient Connections between Languages. PLoS ONE 7(9): e45198.
- Wardhaugh R (2006) An Introduction to Sociolinguistics. Oxford: Blackwell.