Laser warning receiver/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Laser warning receiver, or pages that link to Laser warning receiver or to this page or whose text .
- Laser designator : A device that puts a distinctive, usually invisible, pattern of laser energy on an object, for purposes such as designating the target of a laser-guided bomb
- Laser-guided bomb : The first modern class of precision-guided munition, in which the guidance system moves aerodynamic control fins of a glide bomb to keep it centered on the point at which a laser designator beam touches the target
- AN/AVR-2 : A first-and-second generation, obsolescent laser warning receiver
- AN/APR-39 : A radar warning receiver and electronics countermeasures suite controller that provides coverage for C/D and E through J band CW radar, used on helicopters and slow fixed-wing aircraft
- Electronic countermeasures suite controller : A computer aboard a protected vehicle, which both aids in situational awareness of weapon and sensor threats to the vehicles, and reduces crew workload in countering the threats. Practical implementations usually include at least one electronic warfare function in the controller, such as a radar warning receiver or electronic warfare expendables dispenser.
- Situational awareness : The state of being aware of all relevant information in one's environment, prioritizing the information, and not being distracted by irrelevancies
- YAG : Yttrium aluminium garnet, a material used for semiconductor lasers