Languages of the United States of America/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Languages of the United States of America, or pages that link to Languages of the United States of America or to this page or whose text .
- United States of America : Constitutional republic in North America, has major land borders with Mexico and Canada.
- English language : A West Germanic language widely spoken in the United Kingdom, its territories and dependencies, Commonwealth countries and former colonial outposts of the British Empire; has developed the status of a global language.
- American English : Any of the spoken and written variants of the English language originating in the United States of America; widely used around the world.
- Spanish language : A Romance language widely spoken in Spain, its current and former territories, and the United States of America.
- Official English movement : Campaigns in the USA which call for English to be made the only official language of the country; a common name for this is 'English Only', often used by civil liberties groups to describe the debate, but supporters usually prefer 'pro-English' or 'official English'.