Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions, or pages that link to Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Kentucky and Virginia Resolutions. Needs checking by a human.
- American Civil War : Major war 1861-65 fought over slavery in which the U.S. defeated the secessionist Confederate States of America.
- Democratic-Republican Party : A United States political party during the First Party System, 1792-1820s, founded by Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.
- Federalist Party : An American political party during the First Party System, in the period 1791 to 1816, with remnants lasting into the 1820s.
- First Party System : U.S. political system (1792-early 1820s) pitting Alexander Hamilton's Federalist Party against the Democratic-Republican Party of Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.
- James Madison : (March 16, 1751 – June 28, 1836), An American politician, political theorist, Secretary of State, fourth President of the United States of America (1809–1817) and one of the most influential Founding Fathers of the United States.
- Jeffersonian Democracy : Add brief definition or description
- John C. Calhoun : (1782 – 1850) American statesman and political theorist from South Carolina; a strong advocate of southern state's rights and a defender of the institution of slavery.
- Kentucky : 15th state of the USA
- Thomas Jefferson : (1743-1826) Third President of the United States; author of the Declaration of Independence and the Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom; father of the University of Virginia
- U.S. Civil War, Origins : The U.S. Civil War emerged from the expansion of slavery in the U.S. and its implication in all aspects of U.S. society, economy, and politics.