Joseph Smith (disambiguation)
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
(Redirected from Joseph Smith)
Joseph Smith most commonly refers to Joseph Smith, Jr., the founder of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, but may also refer to:
- Joseph Smith, Sr. (1771–1840), father of Joseph Smith, Jr.
- Joseph Smith III (1832–1914), first Prophet-President of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, currently known as the Community of Christ.
- Joseph F. Smith (1838-1918), son of Hyrum Smith and nephew of Joseph Smith, Jr. Joseph F. Smith was the sixth president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Joseph Fielding Smith (1876-1972), son of Joseph F. Smith and tenth president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Joseph Fielding Smith (1899-1964), Patriarch of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints from 1942-1946
Joseph Smith is also the name of:
- Joseph Smith (activist), also known as Joe Carr, a member of the International Solidarity Movement.
- Joseph Smith (aircraft designer), aircraft designer, took over design of the Supermarine Spitfire.
- Joseph Smith (murderer), the convicted killer of Carlie Brucia.
- Joseph M. Smith, British Olympic athlete.
- Joseph Smith, an 18th Century British merchant, Consul in Venice and art patron (see Canaletto).