John Major/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to John Major, or pages that link to John Major or to this page or whose text .
- Prime Minister of the United Kingdom : The head of the British government, usually the leader of the largest political party in the House of Commons.
- House of Commons (United Kingdom) : The primary legislative chamber of the Parliament of the United Kingdom.
- Conservative Party (UK) : A conservative political party in the United Kingdom, founded in its present form during the early 19th century.
- European Union : Political and economic association of 28 European states.
- Northern Ireland : Part of the United Kingdom comprising six of the nine counties of the Irish province of Ulster; population about 1,800,000.
- Gulf War : The conflict started by the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990, and ended with the liberation of Kuwait and major damage to Iraqi forces, by a US-led UN coalition in 1991.
- Exchange Rate Mechanism : Add brief definition or description
- Maastricht Treaty : Add brief definition or description
- Black Wednesday : Add brief definition or description
- Margaret Thatcher : The first woman Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, famous for her free market views and for successfully waging the Falklands War, frequently called the "Iron Lady".