Japanese popular culture/External Links
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner and consider archiving the URLs behind the links you provide. See also related web sources.
- Yomiuri Shimbun - English news from the biggest-selling Japanese newspaper.
- Asahi Shimbun - English news from the Yomiuri's main competitor.
- Japan Times - Japanese news exclusively in English.
- Pressnet - organisation representing about 150 Japanese newspapers, with English information on coverage and circulation.
- Japan Media Review - U.S.-based on-line journal covering the Japanese media industry.
- STREET/FRUiTS/TUNE - official English website for a range of popular Japanese fashion magazines.
- Japan Magazine Publishers' Association - group covering magazine publishing in Japan. In Japanese.
- A History of Manga - by Dai Nippon Printing.
Film, television and video games
- NHK - official English site of the state-owned TV network.
- Pokémon - official website for the 'Pocket Monsters' franchise, owned by Nintendo, which began as a series of 1990s video games.
- Anime.com - reviews, wallpapers and other content.
- Anime Academy - fan forum with reviews and other content by enthusiasts.
- Global Voices Online: Japan - news from the Japanese blogosphere, translated into English.
- 3Yen - blog-based Japanese news in English.
- Mixi - a popular Japanese-language social networking service. Invitation-only.
- Tokyo Disneyland - English site of the best-known theme park in Japan.