From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Islamabad, or pages that link to Islamabad or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Islamabad. Needs checking by a human.
- Afghanistan Civil War (1989-1994) : Conflict in Afghanistan between the departure of Soviet forces in 1989 and the taking of control by the Taliban in 1992, with conflict among mujahideen factions.
- CIA activities in the Middle East and South Asia : Add brief definition or description
- Country : Nation, state, region, or territory, or large tract of land distinguishable by features of topography, biology, or culture.
- Egyptian Islamic Jihad : A jihadist organization formed in the 1970s, dormant by the 1990s, with the more extreme members probably in al-Qaeda along with the leader of the time, Ayman al-Zawahiri
- Karachi : Pakistan's largest city and port, its commercial center and former national capital, replaced in that role by the planned city of Islamabad
- Muhammad Omar : Salafist cleric and leader of the Taliban
- Pakistan : Country in southern Asia, established as a Muslim state split from India in 1947, bordering the Arabian Sea to the south, India to the east, Iran and Afghanistan to the west, and China to the north.
- Taliban : Salafist Islamic militia, governing Afghanistan 1996–2001; still fighting in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- U.S. Intelligence and terrorism in the 1970s : Tracking and actions against terrorism by the United States intelligence community in the 1970s
- Yousef Raza Gilani : The civilian prime minister and chief of government of Pakistan, who took office on on March 24, 2008