International Show of Peace Concert
The International Show of Peace Concert was a planned global peace concert to feature musicians , celebrities, and politicians, held at the Bird's Nest Stadium in Beijing, China. The concert was to be held on 17 April 2010, and predicted to be the largest globally televised music event in the history of The People's Republic of China, with backing from the United Nations. The official slogan for the concert was 'Peace = Green + No War + Water + Food + Health + Education'. A press conference in Beijing on 14 January 2010, formerly announced the event along with presenting Jimmy Page a special United Nations Peace Award.
The Show of Peace Concert was scheduled to be held during the week of the 40th Anniversary of Earth Day to spotlight peace through music. The free event, was expected to be attended by over 100,000 spectators with more than 2 billion viewers estimated to watch the concert via television, and Internet. It aimed to bring awareness to protect the earth and promote Sustainable living. Rick Garson was the executive producer and promoter while Hamish Hamilton was the special director of the event.
- What is the International Show of Peace Concert?. ShowOfPeace (January 2010). Retrieved on 28 October 2013.
- Lewis, Dave. Jimmy Page at Beijing Show of Peace Press Conference - United Nations Award Presented, TBL News, Tight but Loose, 14 January 2010. Retrieved on 28 October 2013.
- Elegant, Simon (13 January 2010). Can a Rock Concert (and a Vegas Producer) Remake China's Image?. Time. Retrieved on 28 October 2013.
- Staff writer. Aerosmith set for peace gig?, The Daily Express, Northern and Shell Media Publications, 14 January 2010. Retrieved on 28 October 2013.
- ZZYX Entertainment (14 January 2010). Groundbreaking Peace and Environmental Benefit Concert Announced at Press Conference in Beijing; 'Show Of Peace' Concert to Take Place on April 17th in China. PR Newswire. Retrieved on 28 October 2013.
- Barnes, Ellen (18 January 2010). Jimmy Page Announces Free Concert, Wins U.N. Peace Award, Plots Solo Tour. Gibson. Retrieved on 28 October 2013.
- Graff, Gary (18 December 2009). Jimmy Page to Play 'Show of Peace' Concert In China. Billboard. Retrieved on 28 October 2013.
- Lewis, Dave. China Peace Concert Postponed, TBL News, Tight but Loose, 16 March 2010. Retrieved on 28 October 2013.
- Show of Peace Concert Fails to Materialize - No Explanation Given. Jimmy Page Online. Retrieved on 28 October 2013.