From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Hurling. Needs checking by a human.
- Counties of Ireland : Traditional and local government subdivisions of the island of Ireland.
- Cú Chulainn : The teenage hero of the Ulaid in the Ulster Cycle of Irish mythology, sometimes referred to as "the Irish Achilles" for his choice of a short but glorious life.
- Ireland (state) : Republic (population c. 4.2 million; capital Dublin) comprising about 85% of the Atlantic island of Ireland, west of Great Britain.
- Labraid Loingsech : Legendary prehistoric Irish king, considered the ancestor of the Laigin of Leinster.
- Lacrosse : Team sport played outdoors by ten players (men) or twelve players (women), each of whom uses a netted stick (the crosse) in order to pass and catch a very hard rubber ball with the aim of scoring goals by propelling the ball into the opponent's goal.
- Munster : South-western province of Ireland.
- Shinty : A sport popular in Scotland, particularly the Highlands and Islands, related to the Irish sport of hurling and ice hockey.
- Ulster : The northernmost of the four provinces of Ireland.
- United Kingdom : Constitutional monarchy which includes England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.