From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Bowden, Mark (Spring 2006). "Hopton Castle, Shropshire: new discoveries and interpretations", Newsletter of the English HeritageResearch Department. English Heritage. 3. pp.18–19.
- A note on recent investigations, with a plan on page 19.
- Morriss, Richard K. (2006). Hopton Castle, Shropshire: An Architectural & Archaeological Analysis of the Tower. Mercian Heritage Series 270.
- Wessex Archaeology (April 2010). Hopton Castle, Shropshire: Archaeological Excavation Report. Salisbury: Wessex Archaeology Limited.
- The report from the 2009 Time Team investigations.