From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Homosphere, or pages that link to Homosphere or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Homosphere. Needs checking by a human.
- Atmosphere : The layers of gas surrounding stars and planets.
- Heterosphere : Upper portion of a two-part division of the atmosphere (the lower portion is the homosphere) according to the general homogeneity of atmospheric composition, starts at 50-62 miles (80-100 kilometers) above the earth.
- Mesosphere : Layer of the Earth's atmosphere that is directly above the stratosphere and directly below the thermosphere, located about 50 to 85 kilometers (30 to 50 miles) above the Earth's surface.
- Stratosphere : Second major layer of Earth's atmosphere, just above the troposphere, and below the mesosphere, stratified in temperature, with warmer layers higher up and cooler layers farther down.