History of television technology/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to History of television technology, or pages that link to History of television technology or to this page or whose text .
- John Logie Baird : Scottish engineer (1888-1946), best known as the inventor of the first practical, publicly demonstrated electromechanical television system in the world.
- BBC : British state-owned radio and TV broadcasting organization founded in 1922 under Lord John Reith.
- Time code : A digitally encoded signal that is recorded on magnetic media to identify each frame of information (e.g., video, telemetry) by hour, minute, second and frame number.
- Alexandra Palace : Building built in an area between Hornsey, Muswell Hill and Wood Green in North London, England, in 1873 as a public centre of recreation, education and entertainment and as North London's counterpart to the Crystal Palace in South London.