High Value Detainee/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to High Value Detainee, or pages that link to High Value Detainee or to this page or whose text .
- Intelligence interrogation, U.S., George W. Bush Administration : The policies and practices authorized for interrogation of suspected terrorists by the United States Department of Defense and the United States intelligence community during the George W. Bush Administration
- Central Intelligence Agency : The principal civilian intelligence organization of the United States, specializing in all-source intelligence analysis, clandestine human-source intelligence, and covert action.
- Al-Qaeda : International islamist terrorist network. Responsible for the 9-11 attack and other terrorist attacks.
- Ammar al-Baluchi : A suspected al-Qaeda operations officer and High Value Detainee at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp
- Haytham al-Kini : Add brief definition or description
- Abu Zubaydah : The first High Value Detainee captured by the United States; believed to be a senior al-Qaeda logistics and travel facilitator, and possibly a counterintelligence officer
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed : Described by the U.S. and by his own proud statement, the operational planner, for al-Qaeda, of the 9-11 attack; a U.S. High Value Detainee to be tried in a civilian criminal court in U.S. v. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, et al.
- Hambali : An Indonesian described as the operations chief for Jemaah Islamiya and the liaison to al-Qaeda, a High Value Detainee in Guantanamo Bay detention camp
- Mustafa Ahmad al-Hawsawi : An al-Qaeda financial specialist, currently a High Value Detainee of the U.S., who has been charged by a Military Commission with facilitating the funding of the 9-11 attack; defendant in U.S. v. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, et al.
- Lillie : A Malaysian associated with al-Qaeda and Jemaah Islamiya, who is currently a High Value Detainee held at Guantanamo Bay detention camp
- Majid Khan : Add brief definition or description
- Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri : Add brief definition or description
- Abu Faraj : Add brief definition or description
- Ramzi Binalshibh : The primary staff assistant to Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, communications intermediary with the 9-11 hijackers and involved in other planning; currently a High Value Detainee at Guantanamo Bay detention camp; defendant in U.S. v. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, et al.
- Zubair : A member of Jemaah Islamiya (JI), who is a High Value Detainee in Guantanamo Bay detention camp
- Khallad : A Yemeni from a family associated with al-Qaeda, currently a High Value Detainee to be moved from Guantanamo Bay detention Camp to trial in U.S. v. Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, et al.; associated with the USS Cole bombing
- Gouled Hassan Dourad : Add brief definition or description
- Detainee Treatment Act : A 2005 Congressional act specifying explicit standards for prisoners in the custody of the U.S. military
- Director of National Intelligence : The professional head of the United States Intelligence Community, reporting to the President, with Dennis Blair being replaced by James Clapper
- Guantanamo Bay detention camp : A military-operated extrajudicial detention facility created by the George W. Bush Administration for selected captives apprehended during the war on terror; ordered closed by the Obama administration but apparently will remain in operation indefinitely