Hermann Goering/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Hermann Goering, or pages that link to Hermann Goering or to this page or whose text .
- National Socialism : The totalitarian ideology espoused by Adolf Hitler and the German Nazi Party; its program was first stated formally in 1920, drafted by Hitler, Gottfried Feder and Anton Drexler
- German National Socialist Workers' Party : The specific German political and governing organization, also known as the NSDAP and (German) Nazi Party, led by Adolf Hitler, that was based on the ideology of National Socialism. There were other Nazi parties, and there were other political organizations that followed the tenets of National Socialism.
- Luftwaffe : The German Air Force, both the current and WWII organization; the current usage includes the forces after German unification
- Anti-aircraft artillery : A general term for guns that can elevate to high angles and shoot accurately at aircraft, using visual, electro-optical, or radar guidance.
- Battle of Britain : Those German offensive air strikes, and British defense, with which the Germans had intended to establish air supremacy for their proposed invasion of Britain
- Battle of Stalingrad : Add brief definition or description
- Blitzkrieg : A military doctrine involving the breakthrough, at key points of the enemy lines, of highly mobile forces, usually of high technology for the time, which would then disrupt the enemy rear
- Adolf Galland : Add brief definition or description
- Gestapo : The secret political police force of Nazi Germany, a state rather than party organization, reporting both to the SS (Party) and Ministry of the Interior (State)
- International Military Tribunal (Nuremberg) : Conducted by the four major Allied powers in Europe, this proceeding tried the designated Major War Criminals of Nazi Germany, as well as determining whether certain Nazi organizations were to be considered as criminal conspiracies to which membership was a crime
- Ju-87 : German WWII dive bomber that gave excellent close air support in the early blitzkriegs, but was too slow to survive in the Battle of Britain and against later fighters
- Albert Kesselring : A senior commander of the German Luftwaffe during the Second World War.
- Erhard Milch : Add brief definition or description
- Spanish Civil War : (1936-1939) War between Francisco Franco's Loyalist forces against the leftist Republican government of Spain.
- Hugo Sperrle : A German air force (Luftwaffe) officer who rose to Generalfeldmarschall and commander of all air forces in Western Europe, he had commanded the Condor Legion in the Spanish Civil War, and then forces in the Battle of France and Battle of Britain, but was relieved for not stopping Allied forces after the Battle of Normandy. He was cleared of war crimes charges in the High Command Case (NMT)
- Ernst Udet : Add brief definition or description
- World War II, air war, European Theater strategic operations : Strategic bombing and offensive counter-air in the European theater of WWII, both initiated by the Axis and the Allies
- Manfred Baron von Richthofen : Add brief definition or description
- Strategic bombing : Strategic strike attacks against the homeland military forces, population and industry of a nation, conducted by manned bomber aircraft
- Air warfare planning : The set of doctrines and procedures for carrying out all types of air warfare, as an integrated whole
- Integrated air defense system : An air defense that combines radar, anti-aircraft artillery, surface-to-air missiles, and fighter aircraft, presenting multiple layers of defense under systematic command and control