From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Helicopter, or pages that link to Helicopter or to this page or whose text .
- Armed helicopter : A helicopter that can be configured to carry troops or cargo only, light weapons and troops, or possibly a heavier ammunition load with still-removable weapons.
- Attack helicopter : A helicopter equipped with built-in heavy weapons, which has no standard cargo capacity and is used as a "flying tank" in close air support or battlefield air interdiction.
- AH-6 : Add brief definition or description
- MH-6 : Add brief definition or description
- CH-47 Chinook : Medium transport helicopter developed by the U.S. Army and used by a wide range of countries
- MH-47 : Add brief definition or description
- EH-60 QUICKLOOK : Add brief definition or description
- MH-60 : U.S. military helicopters with many variants, the Army and Air Force ones being special operations but the Navy versions fill general helicopter roles
- SH-60 Oceanhawk : Add brief definition or description
- UH-60 Blackhawk : Standard light to medium transport helicopters of the United States Army; carry an 11 man infantry squad or equivalent internal or external load; may be lightly armed for self-protection
- OH-58 Kiowa Warrior : A United States Army helicopter with extensive sensors for surveillance and guiding weapons fired by other air or ground weapons platforms, and also is a light attack helicopter on its own rights.
- AH-64 Apache : A United States Army attack helicopter capable of day/night missions in all weather.
- Sea King : Add brief definition or description
- Mi-8 HIP : Add brief definition or description
- Mil-24 HIND : Add brief definition or description