HeLa cells/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
HeLa cells: A cell line widely used in cancer research.
This article contains just a definition and optionally other subpages (such as a list of related articles), but no metadata. if you want to expand this into a full article.
- Cell (biology) : The basic unit of life, consisting of biochemical networks enclosed by a membrane.
- Cancer : A generic term for a large group of diseases that can affect any part of the body; one defining feature is the rapid creation of abnormal cells that grow beyond their usual boundaries, and which can then invade adjoining parts of the body and spread to other organs.
- Tumor cell : Add brief definition or description
- Cell line : Add brief definition or description
- Tumor cell line : Add brief definition or description
- Cervical cancer : Malignant neoplasm of the cervix uteri, neck of the uterus, or cervical area.
- Henrietta Lacks : An American tobacco farmer, famous for being the origin of the HeLa tumor cell line.