Guitar solo/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Guitar solo, or pages that link to Guitar solo or to this page or whose text .
- Music : The art of structuring time by combining sound and silence into rhythm, harmonies and melodies.
- Guitar : A stringed musical instrument consisting of three main types; the electric guitar, the classical guitar, and the acoustic guitar.
- Acoustic guitar : Add brief definition or description
- Classic rock : A radio format usually encompassing the mid-1960s to early 1980s years with an emphasis on guitar based bands such as Led Zeppelin or Bad Company. Since the 1980s, classic rock has also been used to loosely describe a genre of music redolent of the radio format.
- Eletric guitar : Add brief definition or description
- Heavy metal (music) : Heavy metal (often referred to simply as metal) is a popular genre of rock music that evolved in the late 1960s and early 1970s, from heavy blues and psychedelic rock.
- Improvisation : Add brief definition or description
- Jazz : American-originated musical style, pioneered by black artists, and emphasizing improvisation.
- Lead guitar : Add brief definition or description
- Plectrum : Add brief definition or description
- Rock music : A form of popular music with a prominent vocal melody, accompanied by guitar, drums, and bass, usually with a strong back beat, which evolved from earlier rock and roll and rockabilly music styles.
- Solo (music) : Add brief definition or description