Guglielmo Marconi/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Guglielmo Marconi, or pages that link to Guglielmo Marconi or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Guglielmo Marconi. Needs checking by a human.
- Benito Mussolini : (1883-1945) The Fascist dictator of Italy from 1922 until 1943; as part of the Axis alliance, he led his country into war against France and Britain in 1940, and against the United States in 1941.
- Coherer : A type of radio detector, popular in the earliest days of radio development, beginning around 1890.
- Electromagnetic wave : A change, periodic in space and time, of an electric field E(r,t) and a magnetic field B(r,t); a stream of electromagnetic waves, referred to as electromagnetic radiation, can be seen as a stream of massless elementary particles, named photons.
- Eponym : The name of a person which has been applied to some non-personal thing of significance.
- Ernest Rutherford : (August 30, 1871 - October 19, 1937)The first person to split an atom.
- Etymology of ham radio : Development of informal terms for the Amateur Radio Service
- General Electric Company : A corporation based in Fairfield, Connecticut employing about 300,000 people around the world; established in 1890 by the noted inventor Thomas A. Edison.
- Maxwell equations : Mathematical equations describing the interrelationship between electric and magnetic fields; dependence of the fields on electric charge- and current- densities.
- Reginald Fessenden : (1866 – 1932) Canadian-born inventor best known for his work in early radio.
- United Wireless Telegraph Company : The largest radio communications company in the United States, beginning with its late-1906 formation, until its bankruptcy and takeover by Marconi interests in mid-1912.
- Wireless telegraphy : The use of radio to send telegraphic messages rather than by long-distance transmission lines.