From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Bard, Mitchell. "Ideology and Depression Politics I: Grover Cleveland (1893-1897)" Presidential Studies Quarterly 1985 15(1): 77-88. ISSN 0360-4918
- David T. Beito and Linda Royster Beito, "Gold Democrats and the Decline of Classical Liberalism, 1896-1900," Independent Review 4 (Spring 2000), 555-75. online edition
- Blake, Nelson M. "Background of Cleveland's Venezuelan Policy." American Historical Review 1942 47(2): 259-277. Issn: 0002-8762 Fulltext: in Jstor
- Blodgett, Geoffrey. "Ethno-cultural Realities in Presidential Patronage: Grover Cleveland's Choices" New York History 2000 81(2): 189-210. ISSN 0146-437X when a German American leader called for fewer appointments of Irish Americans, Cleveland instead appointed more Germans
- Blodgett, Geoffrey. "The Emergence of Grover Cleveland: a Fresh Appraisal" New York History 1992 73(2): 132-168. ISSN 0146-437X cover Cleveland to 1884
- DeSantis, Vincent P. "Grover Cleveland: Another Look." Hayes Historical Journal 1980 3(1-2): 41-50. Issn: 0364-5924, argues his energy, honesty, and devotion to duty - much more than his actual accomplishments established his claim to greatness.
- Dewey, Davis R. National Problems: 1880-1897 (1907), survey of era online edition
- Doenecke, Justus. "Grover Cleveland and the Enforcement of the Civil Service Act" Hayes Historical Journal 1984 4(3): 44-58. ISSN 0364-5924
- Faulkner, Harold U. Politics, Reform, and Expansion, 1890-1900 (1959), survey of decade, online edition
- Ford, Henry Jones. The Cleveland Era: A Chronicle of the New Order in Politics (1921), short overview online
- Graff, Henry F. Grover Cleveland (2002), short overview.
- Hirsch, Mark D. William C. Whitney, Modern Warwick (1948)
- Hoffman, Karen S. "'Going Public' in the Nineteenth Century: Grover Cleveland's Repeal of the Sherman Silver Purchase Act" Rhetoric & Public Affairs 2002 5(1): 57-77. ISSN 1094-8392
- Jeffers, H. Paul. An Honest President: The Life and Presidencies of Grover Cleveland. 2000. 385 pp.
- Jensen, Richard. The Winning of the Midwest: Social and Political Conflict, 1888-1896 (1971)
- Kelley, Robert. "Presbyterianism, Jacksonianism and Grover Cleveland." American Quarterly 1966 18(4): 615-636. Issn: 0003-0678 Fulltext: in Jstor
- Meador, Daniel J. "Lamar to the Court: Last Step to National Reunion" Supreme Court Historical Society Yearbook 1986: 27-47. ISSN 0362-5249
- McElroy, Robert. Grover Cleveland, the Man and the Statesman: An Authorized Biography (1923) online edition
- Morgan, H. Wayne. From Hayes to McKinley: National Party Politics, 1877-1896 (1969), political survey online edition
- Nevins, Allan. Grover Cleveland: A Study in Courage (1932) Pulitzer prize biography in depth
- Summers, Mark Wahlgren. Rum, Romanism & Rebellion: The Making of a President, 1884 (2000) campaign techniques and issues online edition
- Welch, Richard E. Jr. The Presidencies of Grover Cleveland (1988) detailed overview of his administrations
- Wilson, Woodrow, Mr. Cleveland as President Atlantic Monthly (March 1897): pp. 289-301 online Woodrow Wilson became President in 1912; he was a Bourbon Democrat when he wrote the favorable essay.
- Cleveland, Grover. The Writings and Speeches of Grover Cleveland (1892) full text online at Google Books
- Cleveland, Grover. Presidential Problems. (1904) online edition
- Cleveland, Grover. Message about Hawaii. (1893).
- Nevins, Allan ed. Letters of Grover Cleveland, 1850-1908 (1934)
- Sturgis, Amy H. ed. Presidents from Hayes through McKinley, 1877-1901: Debating the Issues in Pro and Con Primary Documents (2003) online edition
- William L. Wilson; The Cabinet Diary of William L. Wilson, 1896-1897 1957
- National Democratic Committee (1896). Campaign Text-book of the National Democratic Party.
- This is the handbook of the Gold Democrats who strongly supported Cleveland and justified his policies, while opposing Bryan.