Georgetown University/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Politics & International relations
- Daniel Byman : Senior Fellow, Foreign Policy, Saban Center for Middle East Policy,Brookings Institution; Director of the Center for Peace and Security Studies and the Security Studies Program at Georgetown University (2003-); Consultant, 9-11 Commission. Led ‘look-back’ team and worked on CIA issues for the Congressional Joint Inquiry. Previously director for research at RAND Corporation Center for Middle East Public Policy.
- John Esposito : University Professor, Professor of Religion and International Affairs, Professor of Islamic Studies and Founding Director of the Prince Alwaleed bin Talal Center for Muslim-Christian Understanding, Georgetown University; editor-in-chief of the four-volume The Oxford Encyclopedia of the Modern Islamic World, The Oxford History of Islam, The Oxford Dictionary of Islam and The Islamic World: Past and Present; called an "apologist" for radical Islam by the Investigative Project on Terrorism
- Robert Lieber : Chair, Government Department, Georgetown University; board member, Middle East Review of International Affairs; Academic Council, Association for the Study of the Middle East and Africa
- Paul Pillar : Director of graduate studies at the Georgetown University Center for Peace and Security Studies, previously 28 years as an officer at the Central Intelligence Agency with experience in counterterrorism; has written much on intelligence reform and has been politically controversial
- Michael Scheuer : Former head of the Osama bin Laden/al-Qaeda unit in the Counterterrorism Center of the Central Intelligence Agency; critical of U.S. policies but with insightful analysis on what he sees as a complex enemy; contributor to AntiWar.com