George Ball/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to George Ball, or pages that link to George Ball or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/George Ball. Needs checking by a human.
- Battle of Ap Bac : Fought on January 2, 1963, a small but politically significant battle of the Vietnam War, won by the Viet Cong against Army of the Republic of Viet Nam (ARVN) troops with United States Army advisors. It was significant in that the command failures were publicized to the press by John Paul Vann; denials by U.S. senior commanders started the pattern of aggressive investigative journalism
- Dean Rusk : United States Secretary of State from 1961 to 1968 in the Administrations of John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson, with extensive Asian experience and a strong advocate of U.S. resistance to Communism in Southeast Asia
- Joint warfare in South Vietnam 1964-1968 : The period of the Vietnam War in which large numbers of foreign ground troops, primarily but not exclusively U.S., allied with the Army of the Republic of Viet Nam against the People's Army of Viet Nam and the Viet Cong
- MACV-SOG : The U.S. organization responsible for covert operations against the Democratic Republic of Vietnam, as well as related cross-border operations from South Vietnam into Laos and Cambodia during the Vietnam War; the abbreviation had an unclassified cover meaning, but was actually the Military Assistance Command, Vietnam Special Operations Group
- Robert McNamara : A specialist in quantitative management who became president of the Ford Motor Company, but was quickly nominated as Secretary of Defense, becoming a major architect of policy, especially for the Vietnam War, in the John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. Johnson administrations.
- Vietnam War : A post-colonial independence/Cold War conflict between communist North Vietnam against South Vietnam, assisted by the United States (1955-1975), to unify Vietnam; won by North Vietnam in 1975.
- Vietnam, war, and the United States : The interactions of the Vietnam War with United States domestic politics and public opinion, and, in turn, how domestic considerations affected the military situation
- Wars of Vietnam : The broad context of warfare in the modern area of Vietnam, of which the Vietnam War (1962-1975) is best known, but involves colonization, Japanese occupation, decolonization, and post-1975 but related warfare among Vietnam, Cambodia and China