From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Engineering : The profession in which a knowledge of the mathematical and natural sciences gained by study, experience and practice is applied with judgment to develop ways to economically use the materials and forces of nature for the benefit of mankind.
- International System of Units : Metric unit system based on the metre, kilogram, second, ampere, kelvin, mole and candela.
- SI (A redirect)
- System of measurement : Add brief definition or description
- U.S. customary units : The units of measurement that are currently used in the United States.
- Litre : A unit of volume equal to 0.001 cubic metre and otherwise denoted as 1 cubic decimetre.