Frank S. Meyer/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Frank S. Meyer, or pages that link to Frank S. Meyer or to this page or whose text .
- American conservatism : A diverse mix of political ideologies that share support for market economics, some view of American exceptionalism and, generally, decentralization of government; differing views of individual liberties versus enforcement of morality; in opposition to liberalism, socialism and communism; factions include libertarianism, social conservatism, nativism (politics) and neoconservatism
- Libertarianism : A political ideology that regards individual freedom as having the highest value in society.
- Social conservatism : A political ideology that holds to a belief in following cultural tradition and traditional, often religious morality.
- National security conservatism : A political belief that the defense of the nation, from attacks from nation-states and non-national actors, is the primary responsibility of government
- American Conservative Union : An American conservative interest group founded in 1964; known for ACU ratings of Congressional voting
- National Review : Conservative American periodical and website, started in 1955 by William F. Buckley Jr.
- Neoconservatism : A political philosophy and ideology which combines many traditional conservative opinions with an emphasis on the importance of foreign policy and using American power to push democracy forward.
- Hubert H. Humphrey : (May 27, 1911 - January 13, 1978), American politician from Minnesota, served as a senator, then, under President Lyndon B. Johnson, as the 38th Vice President of the United States.
- Murray Rothbard : Add brief definition or description
- Harry S. Truman : (1884-1972) President of the U.S. from 1945 to 1953.