Flossenburg Concentration Camp/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Flossenburg Concentration Camp, or pages that link to Flossenburg Concentration Camp or to this page or whose text .
- Nazi concentration camps : The system of concentration and extermination camps of Nazi Germany, with a mixed chain of command but principally under the WVHA economic administration, under Oswald Pohl, of the SS; as part of The Holocaust, they killed millions of Jews, but also Soviet prisoners of war and others seen as undersirable by the Nazis; they complemented killing activities in the field, such as Einsatzgruppen
- Karl Fritzsch : SS-Haupsturmfuhrer; first Lagerfuhrer ofAuschwitz Concentration Camp, from its creation until the end of 1941; conducted the initial mass executions of Soviet prisoners of war and the first executions using Zyklon B, which he first proposed; later transferred to Flossenburg Concentration Camp, convicted of corruption and murder, and transferred to a front-line SS combat unit
- Dietrich Bonhoeffer : Christian theologian and long-term anti-Nazi; arrested and executed following 1944 assassination attempt against Hitler
- Wilhelm Canaris : Rear Admiral in the German Navy during WWII; commanded Abwehr military intelligence service, which contained many anti-Nazi conspirators and was eventually absorbed by the SS; eventually executed at Flossenburg Concentration Camp
- Hans Oster : Officer in the WWII German Army; Deputy Chief of the Abwehr military organization reporting to Admiral Wilhelm Canaris; active member of the German Resistance; eventually executed in Flossenburg Concentration Camp