Fisheries monitoring surveillance and control/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Fisheries monitoring surveillance and control, or pages that link to Fisheries monitoring surveillance and control or to this page or whose text .
- Commercial fishing : The harvesting of edible marine life on a commercial basis, usually using purpose-built vessels and equipment
- Vessel monitoring system : System used in commercial fishing to allow environmental and fisheries regulatory organizations to monitor, minimally, the position, time at a position, and course and speed of fishing vessels.
- Food and Agriculture Organization : A policy, technical, and operational agency, under the auspices of the United Nations, which deals with agriculture, fisheries and forestry, as well as humanitarian relief of hunger
- Global Navigation Satellite System : A system which allows small electronic devices to determine their location (Longitude, Latitude, and Altitude) as well as time with an accuracy of up to a few centimetres using time signals transmitted along a line of sight by radio from satellites.