From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Fencing. Needs checking by a human.
- Bartitsu : An eclectic martial art and self defence method originally developed in England during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
- Culture of Japan : Set of traditions, pastimes, artistic expression, use of language, belief systems and so on that distinguishes Japan from other nations.
- Martial arts (General) : Codified systems of both armed and weaponless, or empty-handed, skills intended to develop and increase proficiency in combat.
- Olympic Games : Quadrennial sporting extravaganzas involving athletes from around the world in both Summer and Winter sports competitions; begun in Athens in 1896.
- Sherlock Holmes : Archetypal fictional detective created by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- Sports : Activities that involve skill and physical exertion, and that are governed by a generally accepted set of rules and guidelines.
- Sword : A long-bladed edged weapon, one of the basic means of pre-gunpowder warfare, and still in use for the sport of fencing and for ceremonial purposes