Expanded capacity HMMWV
An evolution of the High-Mobility Multipurpose Wheeled Vehicle family of U.S. Army vehicles, the Enhanced Capacity Vehicles (ECV) can carry a larger load of personnel, weapons, armor and ammunition than the older vehicles.
- M1113 ECV is used for special operations vehicles and communications shelter carriers.
- M1114 Up-Armored Armament Carrier with improved ballistic protection levels, is used for scout, military police and explosive ordinance disposal missions. The M1114 provides protection against small arms artillery airbursts and anti-tank mine blasts.
- M1116, U.S. Air Force with improvements in armor, turret protection, and heating and air conditioning
- M1151 ECV armament carrier, the "gun truck" in Infantry Brigade Combat Teams with a four-man crew.
- M1152 ECV armament carrier, the "gun truck" in Infantry Brigade Combat Teams with a two-man crew.
- M1165 ECV command and control vehicle with a four person seating capacity.
There are complementary bolt-on armor kits for ballistic and for mine protection.