From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Epidendroideae, or pages that link to Epidendroideae or to this page or whose text .
Auto-populated based on Special:WhatLinksHere/Epidendroideae. Needs checking by a human.
- Aspasia (orchid) : Is an orchid genus formed by seven species spread from Costa Rica to South Brazil and closely related to the genus Miltonia.
- Bifrenaria : A genus of orchids formed by circa twenty species of South America, some widely cultivated because of their large and colored flowers; divided in two distinct groups, one with large flowers and short inflorescences and the other with small flowers and long inflorescences.
- Heterotaxis : A genus of orchids formed by a group of about fourteen large epiphytic neotropical species of small flowers, which previously were considered part of genus Maxillaria.
- Isabelia : Is an orchid genus formed by three tiny species spread from Northeast of Brazil to Argentina, two species previously classified under genera Neolaucea and Sophronitella, which are closely related to the genera Constantia.
- Leptotes (orchid) : A genus of orchids formed by nine small species that exist primarily in the dry jungles of South and Southeast Brazil.
- Loefgrenianthus : A monotypic genus of orchids from Southeast and Southern Brazil closely related to Leptotes.
- Miltonia : An orchid genus formed by nine showy epiphyte species and seven natural hybrids of Brazil, one species reaching Argentina and Paraguay.
- Orchid : Any plant classified under Orchidaceae, one of the largest plant families and the largest among Monocotyledons.
- Phymatochilum : Is an orchid genus formed by only one species, Phymatochilum brasiliense, inhabitant of Serra do Mar mountains in Brazilian southeast and northeast, which vegetatively resembles Oncidium species, however, is more closely related to the genus Miltonia.
- Scaphyglottis : Is an orchid genus formed by almost seventy species of tropical New World characterized by the habit of shooting new pseudobulbs both from the apex and the base of older ones and by its generally dull colored small flowers that bloom several times on previous years pseudobulbs.
- Scuticaria : A genus of orchids, closely related to Bifrenaria, formed by nine showy species of cylindrical leaves, which exist in three isolated areas of South America.
- Systematics : The study of the diversity of organism characteristics, and how they relate via evolution.