From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- Please sort and annotate in a user-friendly manner. For formatting, consider using automated reference wikification.
- Donald G. Fink and H. Wayne Beaty, Standard Handbook for Electrical Engineers, Eleventh Edition, McGraw-Hill, New York, 1978, ISBN 0-07-020974-X.
- Edwin J. Houston and Arthur Kennelly, Recent Types of Dynamo-Electric Machinery, copyright American Technical Book Company 1897, published by P.F. Collier and Sons New York, 1902
- Kuphaldt, Tony R. (2000-2006). “Chapter 13 AC MOTORS”, Lessons In Electric Circuits — Volume II. Retrieved on 2006-04-11.
- A.O.Smith: The AC's and DC's of Electric Motors. Retrieved on 2006-04-11.
- Resenblat & Frienman DC and AC machinery
- Shanefield D. J., Industrial Electronics for Engineers, Chemists, and Technicians, William Andrew Publishing, Norwich, NY, 2001. A self-teaching textbook that briefly covers electric motors, transformers, speed controllers, wiring codes and grounding, transistors, digital, etc. Easy to read and understand, up to an elementary level on each subject, not a suitable reference book for technologists already working in any of those fields.
- Fitzgerald/Kingsley/Kusko (Fitzgerald/Kingsley/Umans in later years), *Electric Machinery, classic text for junior and senior electrical engineering students. Originally published in 1952, 6th edition published in 2002. Authors still listed as Fitzgerald/Kingsley/Umans although Fitzgerald and Kingsley are now deceased.
- Bedford, B. D.; Hoft, R. G. et al (1964). Principles of Inverter Circuits. New York: John Wiley & Sons, Inc.. 0 471 06134 4. (Inverter circuits are used for variable-frequency motor speed control)
- B. R. Pelly, "Thyristor Phase-Controlled Converters and Cycloconverters: Operation, Control, and Performance" (New York: John Wiley, 1971).
- John N. Chiasson, Modeling and High Performance Control of Electric Machines, Wiley-IEEE Press, New York, 2005, ISBN 0-471-68449-X.