Eighteenth Air Force/Related Articles
From Citizendium, the Citizens' Compendium
- See also changes related to Eighteenth Air Force, or pages that link to Eighteenth Air Force or to this page or whose text .
- Air refueling : Transferring fuel from one aircraft to another while both are in flight.
- Air mobility : The set of disciplines, resources and techniques required for the rapid air movement of military forces and their equipment. Air assault, in which the air movement takes troops into battle, is a subset.
- Air Mobility Command : The organization responsible for readiness of United States Air Force transport and air refueling aircraft, which report, for operations, to United States Transportation Command
- Transport aircraft : Fixed-wing aircraft, helicopters, or tilt-rotor aircraft whose primary role is moving people or cargo; they may be armed for self-protection
- United States Transportation Command : The single point of contact and operations for transportation services, by land, air, and sea, for the U.S. Department of Defense
- C-5 Galaxy : Largest general-purpose transport aircraft in the U.S. Air Force, second in weight-carrying to the Antonov An-124
- C-17 Globemaster III : A U.S. heavy military transport aircraft, designed for strategic airlift and freeing the C-5 Galaxy for oversized loads; successor to the C-141 Starlifter
- KC-135 Stratotanker : A family of jet-propelled air refueling tankers, which share a modified Boeing 707 airframe with a variety of special missions aircraft such as the RC-135 RIVET JOINT and RC-135 COBRA BALL
- KC-10 : Add brief definition or description